For the purpose of this post and others like it I may do in the future, "op shop" will mean op shop, thrift store, secondhand shop, true vintage shop and any other place you may get "pre-loved" clothing, toys and homewares, including online. I fished some really fantastic things out of the bin at a sharehouse I was living at, once, and I am extending "op shop" to include things like that, too.
This post is essentially a list of blog posts which I have found especially inspirational or inspiring. In some cases I searched through many posts by a particular blogger to find just the right one, in some cases I knew exactly what post I wanted to feature before I even started. I hope from here you get some wonderful, inspirational ideas!
They are in no apparent order save for the order I found/rediscovered them.
First, a little shameless self-promotion with this post of my own: Things You May Not Know About Charity Op Shops
2. This post about clothes swapping by Agy: Have You Been To A Fashion Swop?
3. Thrifted maternity wear with Erica: Human Friendly Fashion Blogger Outfit- Maternity Edition
4. This one at I Love To Op Shop, in which I quite like the ugly clock: How Ugly is my Clock?
5. This adorable collection by Op Shop Mama, as I'm a sucker for a kid's xylophone: But Wait, There's More!
6. This one by Ali, because she opens with a delightful pun: Confessions of a Serial Shopper
If you enjoy reading these, let me know. I would love to make another list for you. Lists are cool.
I was a bit sad that some of my all-time favourites are from blogs that have been taken down. Boo! :-( Lots of gems here though, all from blogs that are still up and have a lot of interesting content. :-)
Do you have a favourite op shop post or thrift blog?
Signed with love,